Russia travel update, 01/2022
Please find below the updated information before planning your trip to Russia.
According to decision of the Russian COVID-19 Emergency Response Centre dated January 16, 2021, the Russian Government issued a directive № 136-r on January 25, 2021, allowing to restore international air traffic on a reciprocal basis with a number of foreign states, including Finland (flights to Moscow and St. Petersburg) starting from January 27, 2021.
In this regard, Consulate Department of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Helsinki, Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Turku, Chancellery the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Lappeenranta and Consulate of the Russian Federation in Mariehamn resume issuing of visas of all categories to enter Russia via air checkpoints for the Finnish citizens, as well as for persons who have a confirmation of their official residence in Finland.
Please, note that issuance of e-visa is temporarily suspended until an appropriate directive of the Russian Government.
We would like to emphasize the need for all the foreign nationals to obtain a valid medical document confirming negative results of the laboratory PCR test for COVID-19 taken not earlier than 48 hours prior to the flight. EU vaccination certificates are not approved.
Please, note that border traffic between Finland and Russia via land or sea is temporarily restricted and travel is only allowed for exceptional circumstances, such as:
- Accredited or appointed employees of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states in the Russian Federation, international organizations and their representations, other official missions of foreign states located on the territory of the Russian Federation
- Persons who are family members (spouses, parents, children), guardians of citizens of the Russian Federation
- Persons participating in the adjustment and maintenance of foreign-made equipment specified in the list sent to the FSB of Russia and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia by the federal executive body in whose sphere of jurisdiction is the organization
- Persons, who are involved in labor activities as highly qualified specialists, as well as their family members (spouses, parents, children, adoptive parents, adopted children) included in the list (indicating the checkpoint across the state border of the Russian Federation and the date of entry) sent to the FSB of Russia and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia by the federal executive body in the field of which the organization is located
- Persons entering the Russian Federation for the purpose of medical treatment, subject to presentation of valid documents proving their identity and recognized by the Russian Federation in this capacity
- Persons entering the Russian Federation to visit sick close relatives (spouses, parents, children) in need of care, subject to presentation of valid documents proving their identity and recognized by the Russian Federation in this capacity
- Persons entering Russian Federation as crew members (aircraft, sea and river vessels, train)
- Persons entering the Russian Federation in connection with the serious illness or death of a close relative.