Work visa is required in case you wish to enter Russian Federation for employment. Work visa can be valid for up to 3 months and can be issued for single or double entry. Also work visa can be issued for multiple entries and can be valid for up to 3 years. Please note that in case of submitting the application for so called work entry visa the passport should be valid for no less than 18 months from the date of issue of the visa. Dates of validity of the visa will correspond with the dates mentioned on your letter of invitation issued by a Russian Federal Migration Service agency or a telex from the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Please note that you are required to submit your HIV test Certificate when applying for work visa.
- Original passport, which must contain at least 2 blank pages, and which must be valid: for one entry work visa at least for a period of 18 months from the start date of visa; for multiple entry work visa the passport must be valid for a period of 6 months after the visa expires.
- Online application form completed on the website https://visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed in person by the applicant.
- One recent photograph as per photo specifications below.
- A letter of invitation issued by a General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Internal affairs of the Russian Federation or a telex from the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Insurance policy for the whole period of the stay in Russia. The policy document should show the name of the policy holder, validity for the duration of the journey as well as indicate the geographical area coverage as worldwide/including Russia, and cover medical expenses and repatriation. The insurance policy should contain a logo and a stamp of the insurance company along with a position and a signature of the insurer. If the policy document does not contain any logo, stamp or signature, the insurance should show the name and the contact details of the insurer. The insurance needs to be presented only by the citizens of the Schengen states, Iran, Israel and Ireland on the basis of reciprocity.
- When applying for work visa you must additionally submit HIV Test (AIDS) Certificate taken within the last three months. HIV Test (AIDS) Certificate should still be valid for 15- 30 days on the day of your application.
- a. Confirmation for continuous stay in Finland (permanent residence permit, pysyvä oleskelulupa) is required from the nationals of the following countries only: Algeria, Angola, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Georgia, Vietnam, Iraq, China, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Syria, Somalia, Chad, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia. b. Confirmation of stay in Finland for more than 90 days from the following nationals: UK and Northern Ireland, Ireland, Denmark.
- Citizens of Albania, Bahrain, Venezuela, South Africa, Lesotho, Mali, New Zealand, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Haiti, Egypt, Libya please contact Visa Application centre prior of document submitting.
Please note that it might be required to provide a permanent residence permit for some nationalities.
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be:
- 3,5 x 4,5 cm taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling (without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background).
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete
Please note that while applying for a Russian visa you will be requested to leave your passport for the whole period of the application process.
Processing times vary from application to application and are at the sole discretion of the Russian Consulate.
- Normal applications submitted in Helsinki, Turku and Lappeenranta will take minimum 5 working days to get processed.
- Single or Double Tourist visas for citizens of EU – 4 working days.
- Single and Double Entry – 3 Working Days (only aim-tourism)
- For the citizens of Australia, Turkmenistan and Israel the visa processing time will take 10 to 15 calendar days (under normal circumstances) unless they have residence permit or long term work/student visa for the Finland for a term exceeding 90 days.
- For citizens of USA visa processing time will take 15 calendar days not depending on the visa category and visa duration. Please note that citizens of USA can apply for urgent processing of visa applications only at rare or emergency cases.
- For citizens of UK processing time will take not less than 10 working days.
- For EU citizens applying for single or double entry visa with invitation letter containing Individual Tax Number (ИНН) visa processing time is minimum of 5 working days.
- For EU citizens applying for multiple entries business or humanitarian visa with invitation letter containing Individual Tax Number (ИНН) visa processing time is minimum of 10 working days. Applicants should also have a single or double Russian visa in the last 1 year, without which they cannot apply for multiple entries.