Tourist Visa is required in case you enter Russian Federation for tourism purposes. Tourist visa can be valid for up to 30 days and can be issued for single or double entry. Double-entry tourist visas are issued to foreign nationals only in cases when, according to the documents, the tourist plans to visit other states neighboring Russia during their visit to the country or states from which they will return through Russian territory (e.g. when travelling to Kaliningrad). Dates of validity of the visa will correspond with the dates mentioned on your tourist confirmation.
* Tourists on board large cruise ships have the right to stay in the Russian Federation without a visa for up to 72 hours provided living on board of a ferry or within a territory defined by the group tour program. They have the right to leave the ship and come back on board of the ship only as part of an organized tourist group and within the defined program. In view of the changes to the Federal Law “On the procedure of entering and leaving the Russian Federation” on 15 August 1996 № 114-FL effective from 10 January 2003, the purpose of travel must be tourism only when travelling on board. Please note that visa is required in case the purpose of travel is not tourism. For additional information please contact the companies arranging the cruise trips.
- Original passport, which must contain at least 2 blank pages visa pages, and which must be valid for a period of 6 months after the visa expires.
- Online application form completed on the website https://visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed in person by the applicant.
- One recent photograph as per photo specifications below.
- A ‘Tourist confirmation’ document stamped and signed by authorized person (travel agency or hotel) in Russia. They can be obtained through your hotel or an approved travel agent who deals with trips to Russia, and should be valid for the entire duration of your trip.
- Insurance policy for the whole period of the stay in Russia. The policy document should show the name of the policy holder, validity for the duration of the journey as well as indicate the geographical area coverage as worldwide/including Russia, and cover medical expenses and repatriation. The insurance policy should contain a logo and a stamp of the insurance company along with a position and a signature of the insurer. If the policy document does not contain any logo, stamp or signature, the insurance should show the name and the contact details of the insurer. The insurance needs to be presented only by the citizens of the Schengen states, China, Iran, Israel and Ireland on the basis of reciprocity.
- a. Confirmation for continuous stay in Finland (residence permit, oleskelulupa) is required from the nationals of the following countries only: Algeria, Angola, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Georgia, Vietnam, Iran, Iraq, China, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Syria, Somalia, Chad, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia. b. Confirmation of stay in Finland for more than 90 days from the following nationals: UK and Northern Ireland, Ireland, Denmark.
- Citizens of Albania, Bahrain, Venezuela, South Africa, Lesotho, Mali, New Zealand, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Haiti, Egypt,
Libya please contact Visa Application centre prior of document submitting.
Please note that it might be required to provide a permanent residence permit for some nationalities.
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be:
- 3,5 x 4,5 cm taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling (without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background).
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
Please note that while applying for a Russian visa you will be requested to leave your passport for the whole period of the application process.
Processing times vary from application to application and are at the sole discretion of the Russian Consulate.
- Normal applications submitted in Helsinki, Turku, Lappeenranta will take minimum 5 working days to get processed.
- Single and Double Entry – 3 Working Days (only aim-tourism)
- For the citizens of Australia, Turkmenistan and Israel the visa processing time will take 10 to 15 calendar days (under normal circumstances) unless they have residence permit or long term work/student visa for the Finland for a term exceeding 90 days.
- For citizens of USA visa processing time will take from 7 to 10 calendar days depending on the visa category and visa duration. Please note that citizens of USA can apply for urgent processing of visa application only at the Embassy/Consulate/ Chancellery by prior appointment.
- For citizens of UK processing time will take not less than 10 working days.
- For EU citizens applying for single or double entry visa with invitation letter containing Individual Tax Number (ИНН) visa processing time is minimum of 5 working days.
- For EU citizens applying for multiple entries business or humanitarian visa with invitation letter containing Individual Tax Number (ИНН) visa processing time is minimum of 10 working days. Applicants should also have a single or double Russian visa in the last 1 year, without which they cannot apply for multiple entries.
Please, note that processing time for citizens of Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya, Egypt, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Lebanon is 20 working days with the obligatory interview at the Consular Section.