Private visa is required in case you wish to enter Russian Federation to visit family or friends. Private visa can be valid for up to 3 months and can be issued for single or double entry. Dates of validity of the visa will correspond with the dates mentioned on your private invitation from relatives/friend in Russia.
Private visa is also issued for visiting military and civil burial grounds. To justify the purpose of the visit an official document confirming the existence and preservation of the grave as well as family or other relationship between the applicant and the buried are required for submission of an application. In that case visa can be valid for up to 14 days.
- Original passport, which must contain at least 2 blank pages visa pages, and which must be valid for a period of 6 months after the visa expires.
- Online application form completed on the website https://visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed in person by the applicant.
- One recent photograph as per photo specifications below.
- Original invitation issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry or its regional representatives or by a General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Internal affairs of the Russian Federation.
- Insurance policy for the whole period of the stay in Russia. The policy document should show the name of the policy holder, validity for the duration of the journey as well as indicate the geographical area coverage as worldwide/including Russia, and cover medical expenses and repatriation. The insurance policy should contain a logo and a stamp of the insurance company along with a position and a signature of the insurer. If the policy document does not contain any logo, stamp or signature, the insurance should show the name and the contact details of the insurer. The insurance needs to be presented only by the citizens of the Schengen states, Iran, Israel and Ireland on the basis of reciprocity.
- a. Confirmation for continuous stay in Finland (residence permit, oleskelulupa) is required from the nationals of the following countries only: Algeria, Angola, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Georgia, Vietnam, Iran, Iraq, China, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Syria, Somalia, Chad, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia. b. Confirmation of stay in Finland for more than 90 days from the following nationals: UK and Northern Ireland, Ireland, Denmark.
- Citizens of Albania, Bahrain, Venezuela, South Africa, Lesotho, Mali, New Zealand, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Haiti, Egypt,
Libya please contact Visa Application centre prior of document submitting.
Please note that it might be required to provide a permanent residence permit for some nationalities.
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be:
- 3,5 x 4,5 cm taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling (without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background).
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete
Please note that while applying for a Russian visa you will be requested to leave your passport for the whole period of the application process.
Processing times vary from application to application and are at the sole discretion of the Russian Consulate.
- Normal applications submitted in Helsinki, Turku, Lappeenranta and Mariehamn will take minimum 5 working days to get processed.
- Single and Double Entry – 3 Working Days (only aim-tourism)
- For the citizens of Australia, Turkmenistan and Israel the visa processing time will take 10 to 15 calendar days (under normal circumstances) unless they have residence permit or long term work/student visa for the Finland for a term exceeding 90 days.
- For citizens of USA visa processing time will take 15 calendar days depending on the visa category and visa duration. Please note that citizens of USA can apply for urgent processing of visa application only at rare or emergency cases.
- For citizens of UK processing time will take not less than 10 working days.
- For EU citizens applying for single or double entry visa with invitation letter containing Individual Tax Number (ИНН) visa processing time is minimum of 5 working days.
- For EU citizens applying for multiple entries business or humanitarian visa with invitation letter containing Individual Tax Number (ИНН) visa processing time is minimum of 10 working days. Applicants should also have a single or double Russian visa in the last 1 year, without which they cannot apply for multiple entries.